Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC4030 high pitched sound when microphone is on

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
zahn52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting a high pitch sound when microphone is on.  Can someone help.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be feedback. Are you sitting near the camera when using audio?

zahn52
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, was sitting about 5ft away.  The camera was near a TV.  I also got this feedback when I was trying to place camera outside and using my phone. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would try a reset first ( and also a different browser if possible ) and if if continues , put in a trouble ticket.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

zahn52,

Did you see this behavior when attempting to use the push to talk feature from another device or browser as suggested above by TomMac?

Please let us know if you are still seeing this behavior,

JamesC

Boomer_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am seeing the same thing. Just testing in a totally silent room and not moved outside yet. High pitched sound. Recorded sounds on motion do record ok.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boomer_1,

It sounds like this could be a symptom from a feedback loop created from your microphone being too close to the camera. Try moving your viewing device/mic away from the camera. Do you still experience the issue?

JamesC

Boomer_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

James, I was actually playing a cloud motion recording back and I was two rooms away, probably a distance of 75 feet or so. Since this was a recorded cloud event not sure how the mic would enter into it. 

Boomer_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

James. I did some more testing. I only encountered the problem once. I was going in the room to set off the motion. I believe in the one instance I saw it I left my phone in my pocket. I have done multiple tests since then and not seen the issue. I have since move the camera outside for testing and not encountered. I will not be putting mine into a permanent outdoor location until we can get a skin to protect it. I ordered one but they have nt shipped yet.

Boomer_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

James, here is a follow up. On further testing I found I still had some problems on occassion on playback of a recorded motion. I also found that consistently on every live view I would have a pattern of  about 10 seconds of this feedback noise (along with whatever sound was present) followed by no feedback followed by 10 seconds of feedback again. This was all using the IOS app. I checked it from a web browser and foud I did not have the problem. In  isolating this further I found that I was running version 2.4 of the Arlo IOS app. I updated to 2.4.1 which has a fix for 2 way audio problems among other things. That seemed to take care of the problem with the exception of an occassional very short bleep while viewin in live mode.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boomer_1,

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you experience any issues moving forward.

JamesC