Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Pro Night Visiion

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DougandMax
Tutor
Tutor

I recently purchased a Arlo Pro System,  I initially setup one camera outside, one inside in the kitchen.  The other 2 were sync and on counter until the weekend.  The one camera outside deisplayed perfect night vision.  When I mounted the other two camewras for a total outside, two show a black screen and one shows some color picture due to a security light.  I followed the instruction from the Arlo team to remove the two cameras from the account, pull out battery and re-sync.  Did so yesterday and have the same issue.  How do I get the night vision to work?  I have read that you have to disable the zoom, how do you do that?   Why would one camera work and not all 3?  I purchased a NetGear AC1730 Router to ensure there is power to drive the cameras.  Any advise is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The router has no connection to the issue or with general operation.

Check your firmware versions on all cameras and the base and compare them to the latest listed in the Release Notes section here.

Is the camera using Pan and Zoom?
DougandMax
Tutor
Tutor

When I first sync cameras last week it prompted to load firmware update.  All cameras on running on 1.092.0.3_12290.  In the settings under video settings is has the words PAN & ZOOM under Roate Image.  The letters are shaded.  How do I shut off the Pan & Zoom?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Remove and reinstall the camera battery and power cycle the base. Any luck?
DougandMax
Tutor
Tutor

I will attempt that today.  I did remove the batteries and rescync the cameras before.  I will try powering down and up the base.  Will let you know if it works.  Appreciate the assistance.  I did turn off the night vision last nigh and could see b/w visuals.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

I ended up turning off night vision on an outdoor Pro, street light right in front of my house makes it possible for a clearer view without it.

DougandMax
Tutor
Tutor

Negative.  I can see B/W images when I turn off the  night vision.  I even swapped out cameras from inside to outide and vice verses.  No change.  Black picture with night vision on.  Do I need to switch out cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.