Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

VMC4030 Unable to sync 1 of 4 brand new cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jkowalcz
Follower
Follower

First, is anyone else experiencing poor customer support from submitted cases?

I still cannot get 1 of 4 brand new cameras to sync to the base station and have tried everything that was told to me my online support staff.  Now, I can't reach them again to continue working on the camera that still won't sync.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok,

Just for S and Giggles...

Open camera door, wait a few secs

Reboot base via the power button, give it time to come back up , about 2 mins

Close Battery door, * you should see the led flash blue briefly

Resync the camera as new using brief push on base sync button then 2-3 sec later push cam sync button

If still NG, 

Try support here, 3 ways to contact;   https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Or remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and swap the system at the store.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jkowalcz,

Did the above suggestions resolve the issue? Please let us know if you're still having trouble getting this camera to sync.

JamesC

KB4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought 2 brand new cameras. I was able to sync the first one. The second one I don't see any lights on the camera when trying to push the sync button on the camera. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Made sure the contacts line up. I put it on the charger just to see if it wasn't charged. I see fast blinking amber lights. I left it on the charger for an hour and tried the sync process again but no lights on the camera pressing the sync button. Help!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KB4,

Consider inserting the battery from the working camera into the camera that will not sync. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC