Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC4030 Arlo Pro camera battery spontaneously discharges

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kenhawkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot find a pattern however approximately one every 2-3 weeks this cameras battery will go from ~70% full to dead. This has been an issue for 2 out of my 5 cameras since purchase and I was told by support it must get closer to the base station (I have cameras farther away from the station btw). Putting it closer to the base station and leaving it, which effectively removes it from service has had no effect. Oddly enough when I put the battery in the arlo pro battery charge station it does absolutely nothing, no light, no charge nada. I have to take the camera down and plug that camera in with the battery for a moment (to get a small charge on the battery) and then I can place it in the station to charge it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A totally dead battery will do that in the charging station. There's an FAQ here that says more about this issue.

As to the issue of suddenly going dead, there have been other reports of bad batteries. Open a case with support here to possibly get a replacement.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A totally dead battery will do that in the charging station. There's an FAQ here that says more about this issue.

As to the issue of suddenly going dead, there have been other reports of bad batteries. Open a case with support here to possibly get a replacement.