Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030wontholdcharge

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Totalfrustraton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am so frustrated I'm considering a bonfire for these Arlo cameras. I've been having to change batteries every 2 days for one of four I own. I've tried resyncing with no change. It will not let me do a factory reset per instructions. There is no one to talk to. I can't believe a company won't tell me if I can have a camera serviced or refurbished. I've made a bad purchase since there is no support. Does anyone know if there is any way to get help?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Totalfrustraton wrote:

I can't believe a company won't tell me if I can have a camera serviced or refurbished.

You can't (at least not by Arlo).

@Totalfrustraton wrote:

I've been having to change batteries every 2 days for one of four I own. I've tried resyncing with no change. It will not let me do a factory reset per instructions.

The VMC3030 are the original Arlo cameras with 4 CR123 batteries - can you confirm that is what you have?

You can get rechargable batteries - still annoying to change them all the time, but less expensive then just replacing them.

1. Have you tried swapping the camera with one in a different spot, just to confirm the problem moves with the location?
  2. Also, are you seeing a lot of recordings? Or any indication of dropped connections?

As far as reset goes, you cannot factory reset the VMC3030s. You could reset the base, and re-onboard the camera - but I don't think that is likely to help.

@Totalfrustraton wrote:

Does anyone know if there is any way to get help?

Unfortunately phone support requires a subscription.

Totalfrustraton
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenByes I use rechargeable batteries. Yes I have tried switching cameras between locations and it is the camera not the location. I know they are older but they are well maintained. Yes for 2 days I see all videos when activated. I check battery charge every morning and this camera always fails before it gets down to 40%. The other 3 never fail before 5%. I have ordered a replacement but would like to try and get this one refurbished. I have also ordered a new charger and more batteries. Trying to eliminate all variables. That’s why I’m so frustrated. Additional thoughts?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Totalfrustraton wrote:

Additional thoughts?

Since it stays with the camera when you move it, then it's either the camera hardware or a difference in the camera rule in the mode - for example, a higher motion sensitivity, which would trigger more recordings.

My guess is that a failing hardware component is more likely.