Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I change a VMB3000 Smart Hub for a VMB5000 in an existing system with HD wire-free cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cotswold
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been running a system with VMB3000 smart hub and 4 x VMB3030 cameras for a few years now.

Recognising that if I want any new features, such as the Smart Doorbell, I'll need a new Smart Hub I recently purchased a VMB5000.

I'm unclear how I decommission the VMB3000 and commission the VMB5000. One thread suggested I remove the cameras from my account, remove the VMB3000, add the VMB5000 and then add the cameras.

That sounds possible however I still get the free cloud recording and storage with the VMB3030 cameras and I most definitely do not want to loose that, so not sure about removing every device from my account.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cotswold wrote:

One thread suggested I remove the cameras from my account, remove the VMB3000, add the VMB5000 and then add the cameras.

That is the process. The free storage is associated with the cameras - not the base. So you will still have that feature after you migrate the cameras.

Cotswold
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, that's great @StephenB , I seen somewhere that the storage was associated with cameras but wanted to double-check.