Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
atrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have inserted a freshly FAT32 formatted, 1Gb USB drive in the USB1 port of my VMB4000 Base Station. When I follow the Arlo instructions to set up this device, I find that the "Record Locally" button/switch is not activated. I can see the USB device (I labeled as "Arlo" from my laptop), and I can tap on it to get to the next screen, but I cannot go any further. It shows the available storage.

My current firmware is 1.16.3.4_3614_c289687 and shows that no updates are available.

I have already restarted the Base Station with no luck.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 1GB drive is the issue - recent firmware updates require a 16GB minimum size.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

1 GB USB drive? That won’t take long to fill up. May even be below the minimum storage available requirements.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 1GB drive is the issue - recent firmware updates require a 16GB minimum size.

atrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks

atrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a follow up for closure:

I used a 256Gb USB drive and the problem was solved. I wasn't intending to use a 1Gb drive permanently. I was just using what I had to test the functionality of this process. The new 256Gb was recognized, formatted, and useable within 60 seconds. Thank for the input!