Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 "Record Locally" not enabled. Using 1GB USB drive in the USB1 port with FAT32 formatted.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
atrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have inserted a freshly FAT32 formatted, 1Gb USB drive in the USB1 port of my VMB4000 Base Station. When I follow the Arlo instructions to set up this device, I find that the "Record Locally" button/switch is not activated. I can see the USB device (I labeled as "Arlo" from my laptop), and I can tap on it to get to the next screen, but I cannot go any further. It shows the available storage.

My current firmware is 1.16.3.4_3614_c289687 and shows that no updates are available.

I have already restarted the Base Station with no luck.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 1GB drive is the issue - recent firmware updates require a 16GB minimum size.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

1 GB USB drive? That won’t take long to fill up. May even be below the minimum storage available requirements.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 1GB drive is the issue - recent firmware updates require a 16GB minimum size.

atrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks

atrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a follow up for closure:

I used a 256Gb USB drive and the problem was solved. I wasn't intending to use a 1Gb drive permanently. I was just using what I had to test the functionality of this process. The new 256Gb was recognized, formatted, and useable within 60 seconds. Thank for the input!