Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 and NBN CONNECTION

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Adriandd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all, 

I have just connected to the NBN and now I cant connect to base station.

I have switched it on and off, have done a reset, have changed cable and restarted modem.

Amber light is still on

Is the VMB3000 to old?

Does the VMB3000 work with the NBN?

Any help with the issue would be 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's your problem - the base needs to be claimed again since you factory reset using the reset button. The 3rd (Camera) LED being amber is the big visual clue.

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base by using the Add Device selection on the Devices tab. Sync the cameras.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar with NBN but we need more details. What are all the LEDs showing? Which one is amber? WHat do you mean by reset - turn power off and on or a system reset?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Adriandd wrote:

Does the VMB3000 work with the NBN?

The base station does not care what delivers your Internet. You should be able to just plug the hub into the router and leave it to do its thing.

However, this bit may be the key:

@Adriandd wrote:

I have just connected to the NBN ....

This tells us that your internet service has changed. You need to set up the whole network from scratch.

You may have a new modem. Your existing router needs to know that.

You cannot just turn stuff on and off in a random order. You need to follow a strict sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the  router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.
  • Connect the hub/base station

You may have to reset some of these devices to get them to forget their misspent youth.

This advice is based on having no idea what you have in the way of a modem and/or router. And NBN comes in so many favours that we can't even guess. For more informed advice, rather than my guesswork, tell us what you have at your end.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Adriandd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply.

Going from left to right, First 2 lights are green, 3rd light is amber and last 2 off.

I have done a system reset by inserting pin in reset hole.

Thanks 

Adrian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's your problem - the base needs to be claimed again since you factory reset using the reset button. The 3rd (Camera) LED being amber is the big visual clue.

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base by using the Add Device selection on the Devices tab. Sync the cameras.

Adriandd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. All working now. 

Adrian 

Adriandd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

All working now. deleted all cameras and base and started from starch.

Thank for you advise