Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power outage happened and Base Station crashed and now battery life is bad

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Djh111
Follower
Follower

Can anyone offer advice please?

I have a 3 camera Arlo Pro system set up for a couple of years, 2 cameras outside and 1 inside.
Always been fine until around a month ago when we had a power outage. The base station ‘crashed’ and I had to do a full reset and reinstall all cameras etc. Since then the battery life in all 3 cameras has been bad, less than a week from a full charge, they used to last a couple of months.
Power management is on optimised and mode is geofencing, cameras probably record for less than 5 mins per day.
I think the base may have done a firmware update when it reinstalled?

Any tips to sort battery life hugely appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Djh111 wrote:
 The base station ‘crashed’ and I had to do a full reset and reinstall all cameras etc. Since then the battery life in all 3 cameras has been bad, less than a week from a full charge, they used to last a couple of months.
Power management is on optimised and mode is geofencing, cameras probably record for less than 5 mins per day.
I think the base may have done a firmware update when it reinstalled?

Any tips to sort battery life hugely appreciated!

Do you use activity zones?  That can mask the amount of video streaming (since out-of-zone recordings are silently dropped).

Also, what signal strength are you seeing?  Any signs of lost connections (live streaming fails, cameras or base offline, etc)?