Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using the camera plugged in

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
minimike55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I use the Arlo Pro camera plugged into the power supply all the time ? The battery only lasts a few days and I have to charge them too often.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
minimike55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help, camera works like champ less the battery and plugged in with a standard charger. The camera is in a high activity area and is always recording must use a lot of juice.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes.  I have one camera plugged in all of the time and it maintains a 96% charge.  If you buy the 4 camera system though, you only get one power brick and cable, and I have not found a way to buy additional Netgear power bricks without buying an extra battery.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It actually keeps an 80% charge although the app indicator will say 100%. It's just an indicator that shows that the battery will not charge more as long as the battery is in the camera.
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Buy an aftermarket 5 volt adapter and micro usb cable (less than $15) take the battery out since it won't charge with the aftermarket adapter.

You don't need the battery in it anyway if you are running it on AC.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Why is your battery only lasting a few days?
minimike55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help, camera works like champ less the battery and plugged in with a standard charger. The camera is in a high activity area and is always recording must use a lot of juice.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Excellent!