Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
HeroDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

Since the last update, I have been experiencing a very annoying issue:  At least one of my cameras will trigger a false alert and record upon either A) opening the Alro app or B) closing the Arlo app.  

The primary camera that acts up is located in the interior of a shed and I am positive there is no motion.  Other times either my back deck or my back door cameras alert, but 9 times out of 10 it is the interior shed camera that triggers and records.  

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, any solutions?  I have read a number of places where replacing the cameras was the only option -- and to do so requires the agonizing task of contacting a live person in customer support, which was unhelpful when I first inquired on this issue.  

So far I have reset all the cameras; reset the base station; re-synched all of the cameras; reestablished all the rules; and uninstalled/reinstalled the Alro app.

Anyone, anyone?  

Thanks!!!

16 REPLIES 16
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
try moving the sensitivity to ~12% and see if it continues
HeroDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have attempted various sensitivities to no avail.  

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

I had same problem for a very long time, could never figure out what caused it. It used to happen almost every time when opening the android app (less frequent with iOS app). Then it went away, have not had problem in at least three weeks now, still don't know what caused it or fixed it, never changed sensitivity or anything else. Same camera, same location same settings.

Hopefully yours will go away on its own too, sooner or later.

Paul

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HeroDog,

Consider rebooting your base station (using the on-off button) and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

HeroDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I do. In fact, I just completed a long process of steps as advised by Netgear technical support and experienced the issue again within 15 minutes of completing the process.  

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Various users are experiencing this as well. The forum has many topics with try this and that. I have a case open but I'm still have the option of returning my system I think I will be doing just that.

Even under warranty seems Netgear doesn't provide a prepaid label to send in a defective unit so if your willing to pay of pocket go ahead a do so I'm just returning mine.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HeroDog,

I would like to take a closer look at your support case. Please provide the case number you have open and I will review your case.

JamesC

HeroDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support Case #2788053

The last steps I completed actually made the problem worse.  Steps were as follows:

1. Delete the Arlo app: Iphone settings> click general> click storage and icloud usage> click manage storage> look for Arlo app> then click delete 
2. Install the application again 
3. Power cycle the base station for 1 minute 
4. Remove the camera. Settings> my devices> click camera> click remove device 
5. Sync the camera back to the base station

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HeroDog,

I have reviewed your case and it has been escalated. Please refer to your open support case for additional updates.

JamesC

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I exchanged mine at local BB and the behavior moved to a different camera now.

Hang in there what helped me was after notification I disarm system wait 30 sec then arm system a hastle yes but stops the repeatedly notifications. I'm sure they will push out a fix.
Tish86
Tutor
Tutor
I just set my system up and 1 of the 5 cameras do this, if I use the app (live view any camera) I'll get phantom alerts.
iGoldenEye
Star
Star
I have one camera that does this if I view it live and sometimes when I open the app. I'm wondering if I should exchange the camera or wait for a fix. They seem to be working otherwise.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tish86, iGoldenEye

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Polish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe the same thing is happening with my cameras. For a few weeks I had a camera set up at my back door and never received a single false-postive. Just yesterday I add two more cameras to the system and now the backdoor camera has sent almost 10 false positives in less than 12 hours. There have been no changes to that specific camera's settings/placement. It seems like ithe false-positives occur around the same moment, or sortly after, I open the Andriod based app. Only change is I updated the app a few days ago and added two more cameras to the system yesterday. Any thoughts (bug in the firmware or app)? 

Polish
Aspirant
Aspirant

To follow up on my last post. This is NOW occurring with an indoor camera in a hallway where is there no chance of movement (no pets, no one home, camera not pointed at windows). This occured after I opened the App. It took a few seconds for the statuses (wifi signal, battery life) to load. Immediately after loading I saw the motion status icon signal that there was motion and a video was captured. This is beginning to sound very buggy as I never had an issue before. I Updated the app a few days ago and rebooted by base station yesterday. This all started occurring after both these actions.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Polish,

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC