Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using 64GB flash drive but not saving. Don't have Smart subscription. Shows USB ready on settings.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mark1281
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 64GB USB flash drive plugged in and it’s not saving to it.  I don’t have a smart subscription, but the setup where it saves to cloud free for 7 days.  There is nothing of those 7 days saving to flash drive and no recordings will save beyond the 7 days.

I’ve checked settings and it says USB ready, set to record locally, overwriting turned off, but will not save to USB.  I’ve tried rebooting and no success.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you format it in the base or outside... in fat32 ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Mark1281
Aspirant
Aspirant

Inside the base.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Some USB thumb drives have multiple partitions, and that can confuse the base.  You might want to check for that in a PC, and if you see multiple partitions there you can delete them and then reformat.

Mark1281
Aspirant
Aspirant
There are no partitions on it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mark1281 wrote:
There are no partitions on it.

FWIW, there is certainly at least one partition on it...   I would point out that some others here have said there weren't multiple partitions, and then discovered later on that they were wrong.  You can check it in a Windows PC using the Windows Disk Manager.

But if in fact there is only one partition, then you could try

• putting the drive into a PC, and "repairing" it if the PC wants to do that.  Perhaps reformat the drive if the PC doesn't offer to "repair" it.
  • Checking to see if the drive has a write-protect switch (and that the switch is in the correct position).
  •  using a different USB drive.