Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Use during fumigation?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CuzICreep
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

Anyone had any experience using Arlo cameras during whole house fumigation?

Any damage to the cameras? Can the cameras actually "see"? Are they still able to alert on motion?

I've never been fumigated before, and after hearing stories of break-ins, I'd like to use my Arlo to stave off any issues..

I have the Arlo Pro. They'll be using Vikane as the fumigant.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CuzICreep
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK.. So, if anyone is curious, I can report zero issues with the Arlo during the fumigation with Vikane for termites. The cameras performed perfectly, as expected. Also, they had perfect visibly inside the place (it wasn't foggy or hazy, due to the fumigant.)

It was very reassuring to be able to do a live view and see what's going on, aside from the motion alerts when the workers were inside - especially since they didn't locked the doors until the fumigation was done... But that's another story.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From their website it states " Because Vikane is nonstaining, noncorrosive and nonflammable, it has been used to protect sensitive museum materials and furnishings from pest damage."

Don't see why it wouldn't work if they let you power your router

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CuzICreep
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

Yea.. I figure it'll be fine. I wanted to see if anyone w/ real world experience had any tips. Aka, any gotchas that I might not have foreseen.

-CIC

CuzICreep
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK.. So, if anyone is curious, I can report zero issues with the Arlo during the fumigation with Vikane for termites. The cameras performed perfectly, as expected. Also, they had perfect visibly inside the place (it wasn't foggy or hazy, due to the fumigant.)

It was very reassuring to be able to do a live view and see what's going on, aside from the motion alerts when the workers were inside - especially since they didn't locked the doors until the fumigation was done... But that's another story.