Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to log into account

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SAbbott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Multiple times a day I log into my arlo camera feeds to see what's happening on my property.  3 days ago, mid day check, I suddenly couldn't log on anymore.  I tried my iPad, iPhone and then went to my Mac desktop.  In every case, after I enter my email and password I get the error message "Oops, an error has occurred. Try again"   On every device I suddenly get this message.  I tried to reset my password and after entering my email address I instantly see the error "Timed Out Request".    I am running the latest App software and keep all my devices up to date on OS updates.    Any solution to this?  

21 REPLIES 21
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you still receive notifications on your mobile devices?
Do you have have special characters used in the login email address? (don’t post it here)
If someone has hacked your account credentials and changed them then you will need to contact arlo support for assistance.

SAbbott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do receive notifications still.  

I don't have any special characters in my email address.   When I contacted support, they won't help me unless I pay for a subscription.

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you have a mobile with the arlo app installed you should be able to access the account credentials in the password page of the mobile for arlo app.
Btw, You’re not confusing the arlo account credentials with the arlo community credentials?
What error did you get when it first started? Was it that your password needed to be entered again?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@SAbbott wrote:

I do receive notifications still.  

I don't have any special characters in my email address.   When I contacted support, they won't help me unless I pay for a subscription.

AN option is to sign up for a sub, contact support and then unsubscribe when done. A prorated refund will be sent.

SAbbott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do understand the different between the account credentials and community credentials.   There was no issue logging into this community

It's the actual account that one needs to actually view the feed on the cameras that was working in the morning, and then simply stopped a week ago now.  There was no change on my part.   The response when I try to log onto the Arlo app on my phone or iPad is identical to the one I get on my desktop Mac.  When I type in my password on any of these three devices, the error comes up:  "Oops. An error occurred. Try again later"

Attempts to simply reset my password either in the app on the phone or tablet or on the desktop results in the immediate error: "Request timed out".    And I mean immediately.    There is no pausing.   It simply just fails.

There was a red box that popped up a fraction of a second before the orange "Timed out error" message occurred.  I was finally able to get a copy of that.  And that reads:   Http failure response for https://ocapi-app.arlo.com/api/auth: 0 Unknown Error

I researched that error code here and none of the provided solutions folks posted were either applicable to me or worked.   The only one that gave me a sliver of hope was the person who said after 2 weeks, without any change on their end, it suddenly just started working again.   

What the point of having a security system is you can't view the footage?

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have been battling a similar login issue in recent weeks where I have to re-enter my password when opening the app on iPhone.
I have put this down to accessing a broken arlo server from time to time when I open the app.
This has also been observed in the past with offline issues that go away mysteriously after a few weeks.
The only conclusion I see is that arlo lacks effective regional monitoring of servers and probably the reason for the latest spate of live view timeout errors.
Not having access to your arlo system is understandably frustrating, and forcing you to pay arlo to fix an issue on their equipment is very poor customer relations.
FAFillmore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've experienced login/authentication issues the last 3 days. Nothing has changed on my end  (i.e., password, means of notification - phone number & email address, etc.) since these have remained the same for some time. Cleared the cache, etc. and still no success since the notification (for authentication) that I trigger as part of the login from Arlo website is not arriving as a text or email - simply nothing! Whereas, my phone number was my default means of notification I can no longer see this as an option.

Ironically, I was able to create this comment account using the very same credentials.

What gives Arlo?   

Dannybear
Master
Master
@FAFillmore,

I have seen some changes to the login issues I get multiple times a day that seem to indicate that the login devices id’s are being matched between the arlo account and the forum accounts within the arlo app. Hence when I login by opening the app on iPhone it fails to recognise my arlo login as it is likely providing my forum credentials instead.
If the issue is in the arlo servers and the matching is being done there then it might be ass about credentials being requested.
cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

I have had this web login problem for maybe a year now. I have a subscription and No help from Arlo or anyone, nor any working solution on the community chats.  I cannot login using my laptop. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and iexplorer. same error. I can login fine with Arlo app using my iPhone, my wifes Samsung tablet, and my daughters Mac.

I have also tried clearing cookies and everything. I tried using incognito and nothing.

Arlo service or the lack of, cannot be worse. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
@cruszo406

Using your mobile app take a look at your primary device settings.
Go settings/profile/login settings/2FA and edit to change the method if required.
You’re mobile if selected as primary should get push notification to trust when you login from a browser.
cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Danny,

By 2FA you mean Two-Step Verification?

When I go to this setting, my cell phone is selected as primary.
The error I get when trying to use my web browser is  (Http failure response for https://ocapi-app.arlo.com/api/auth: 0 Unknown Error)

Dannybear
Master
Master
There have been plenty of past reports identifying the arlo servers as a cause of the issue. The arlo system status reports no issues currently but historically it only gets updated after it’s resolved.
Problem is if it’s a regional server issue then you will have to wait until enough users complain to arlo support to have this looked at.
@JamesC may be able to comment further.
cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  Its just strange that my laptop is the only device that doesn't allow me to login to the dashboard.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I just tried and it WORKS !!!!    I guess the problem has been something at Arlo all along !    I went an entire year without being able to login using my computer.    Thanks !

cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

Well, after it started working, not its back again NOT working.   Arlo Team, you have serious issues !     

Not Chrome nor Edge work to view videos !!!!!   I can only see videos on my iphone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cruzo406 wrote:

Well, after it started working, not its back again NOT working.   Arlo Team, you have serious issues !     

Not Chrome nor Edge work to view videos !!!!!   I can only see videos on my iphone.

Are you saying you can now log in, but cannot see recordings?

What cameras do you have?

Are you seeing recordings in the library, but cannot play them in the browser?  Or are you seeing an empty library?

PM2b
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo,

I am having a similar problem and there is no way to contact any support.   When I call your number (408-638-3750) there is a message saying to log in to the app and then go to settings to contact support.  However, if you can't log in to the app there is no way to reach anyone.  There is nothing on your website.  The Chat is not monitored by any person.

My phone app gives an error message saying there is no internet service (which is incorrect).   When I try to log in through my computer, I can get as far as seeing my information but cannot log in to the dashboard.  I get an error message saying  "request timed out" and "http failure response".

What am I supposed to do?  I have a doorbell but no way to see what is happening. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the desktop access, start by using incognito window to access the web portal, you will need to select email from the 2fa’s choose another method to complete the login.
Then go to settings and click on arlo support for your contact options.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the lack of internet on the mobile app, if you’re using wifi access on the mobile, turn off the wifi on the mobile to force it to cellular data to see if it works then getting past the login. If so you may need to power cycle the router/modem.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PM2b wrote:

When I try to log in through my computer, I can get as far as seeing my information but cannot log in to the dashboard.  I get an error message saying  "request timed out" and "http failure response".

Are you saying that two-factor verification is failing?  If so, have you tried the "try another method" link (selecting email)?

@PM2b wrote:

My phone app gives an error message saying there is no internet service (which is incorrect).

Have you checked that the app settings allow it to connect to your local network?