Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to Connect Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jdwhome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model is VMB4000t.  Like most others, I cannot connect to the base model (not sure how you're able to stay in business considering the number of posts on this problem).  I have 2 green lights and I can see the unit connected to my router.  I have performed factory reset twice.  I have tried to add the base unit from my iphone and from a laptop, but neither can find the base.  My router is a TPLink and was purchased just 2 months ago, so hardware is new.  I have not modified my router settings in any way - factory presets, but then again, my router is showing the base unit.  Just can't connect via the app or internet.  Also tried to start an instant chat, but your website doesn't actually do anything when trying that.

2 REPLIES 2
jdwhome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should add - I've followed all online procedures to try and get connected - base is connected to router before powering up https://kb.arlo.com/1179130/Arlo-can-t-discover-my-base-station-during-installation-what-do-I-do

jdwhome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated firmware on router and have finally connected.  So frustrating.  Arlo - you're doing it wrong!