Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable To select Activity Zones, no option given.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
glphillips91
Initiate
Initiate

I bought my Arlo a few months ago. I was able to go to the video settings and it gave me the "add a zone" option and it worked fine. Now at video settings it only gives the options of, brightness, Night vision, Rotate,and power mgmt. Selecting a zone is no longer an option. This is on both a laptop and a cell phone. I have called the help desk 3 times and zero help. We are un able to understand them or they have no idea what we are referring to. This is VERY upsetting. 

If anyone can help I would appriciate it.

Thank you, Greg

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to either have the camera plugged into AC power or subscribe to Arlo Smart to have zones. I suspect you were previously using a trial subscription to Smart which is now gone.

incase2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat

In the app I can't see an option to set up zones. i want camera 1 to notify me less than the camera 2 & 3, but dont know how to do this. I am thinking setting up a zone for camera 1, but cant see how to do it. Your instructions arent very clear here either.

Do I need to subscribe and pay for additional service, or do I need to plug in camera 1 to power then set up the zone?

Im confused.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are FAQS here that may provide the details you want. Basically, you need to either pay for at least Arlo Smart (or Premier) or plug a camera into AC power. Smart allows you to create zones on battery power while plugging the camera in doesn't need a subscription and still allows zones.

Once you have one or the other, you can set up zones and utilize them.

incase2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Ive plugged inthe camera but cent see any options on how to actually set up zones on the camera. Where do I find the option to set up zones.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Take some time to actually look through the whole interface - a lot of details are there for the perusal.

Zones are set up in Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings. There are also FAQ for each camera type here in the support area that you should take the time to look through - lots of details are in each FAQ.