Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANDROID APP

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

HELP!!!! I received the email stating that it is necessary to download the new Arlo app because the legacy version will no longer be supported. I've been trying for days. I read a suggestion to uninstall the legacy app from my android phone first to avoid issues. I did, and now I can't get either app to download! I am basically without any way to monitor unless I want to sit in front of my PC all day, which is not an option. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Went on Google and searched my problem.  It said to find the Play Store app listed on my phone and then open that and clear the cache and clear the data. Boom! That fixed it. Now we know if others have the same issue. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIPS.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem here - I've installed and reinstalled on multiple devices. WHat phone and OS? Maybe you have too old an OS which the app can't support.

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a Samsung Galaxy A-10 running version 9.0 .  It was fine with the Legacy and should be more than adequate for the new app. Any other ideas????

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your issue that you can't find it in the app store?  Or that you are finding it and the install is failing for some reason?

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

I found it just fine in the Google Play app store. But neither the updated nor the legacy version will download. They just continue to spool like a hamster on a wheel and says "waiting for download". My wifi is 4g LTE, and I downloaded other apps just fine. 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone?

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Samsung Galaxy A-10 running Android version 9.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's downloaded fine for me in my more modest S7. Did you try downloading with wifi off (over cellular)?

The app distribution is being done be Google, not Arlo - so if the download itself isn't completing it would be on Google.

On the other hand, if the app is launching very slowly after the install, it's on Arlo.

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to contact Google 😕

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pokiemom wrote:

Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to contact Google 😕

Maybe try installing in a different location (using someone else's wifi)???

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Went on Google and searched my problem.  It said to find the Play Store app listed on my phone and then open that and clear the cache and clear the data. Boom! That fixed it. Now we know if others have the same issue. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIPS.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pokiemom wrote:

Went on Google and searched my problem.  It said to find the Play Store app listed on my phone and then open that and clear the cache and clear the data. Boom! That fixed it. 

Great!  Thanks for following up and posting the solution.

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

I felt like I needed to share since I will likely not be the only one with this issue.  Your comment that it was likely a Google issue spurred me to find it, and I hope we helped others.  I will also say the new app seems to have much better response time. Smiley Happy