Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
alstar
Star
Star

Hi, I have a couple of questions. Ill start different threads so that it mains simpler. Thanks for your help and patience.

I have poured through the forum articles on the camera speaker volume potential issues.

I am getting mixed messages, some saying it is fine with updates, some saying not so.

My system updated the cameras, I am running the latest android app.

My volume is simply too low.

I purchased this system having seen one of the official videos showing someone telling the parcel man to leave the parcel outside.

I wondered if anyone who has had the problem has actually rectified it?

This will be a product killer for me if it isn't fixable - and it will have to go back to amazon (reluctantly after spending time researching and setting up)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The volume issue seems to be a multi part thing...Netgear is working on it. It seems that many users have issues as it pops up depending on devices used to talk and also the Arlo product used

PC works the best, many androids ok, and IIRR, the most issue were with IOS and newer phones... seems that many devices do not have a way to increase the audio output from the device., some work better if on speaker phone with "privacy feature" turned off.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
alstar
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply

hmmmm. doesnt sound promising. I see threads here saying they were 'working on a fix' end of last year

Looks like it might be the deal breaker for me

alstar
Star
Star

hmmmm

this is the video I was referring to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTk3OJeOdFc

an afficial arlo one. It does NOT work like this.

There is magically no delay (I get about 3 seconds) and it is nice and loud. Its either fake, or a different piece of hardware.

Such a shame