Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two step authentication

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NanderOsw
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I go to the page to set up 2 step multi-factor authentication, my mobile number is already listed as a trusted device. The only other option is to add another SMS. There are 2 authorized users on my account. Do we EACH need to set up 2step multi-factor? Or, do I list the other number as the 2nd SMS? I'm concerned that I'd need the other person to authenticate anytime I need to access my app.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I recall setting up my wife's phone (she's been granted access), I simply had to go through the 2FA routine on her phone as normal. Her phone is not listed in my account.

FarberFam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the two-step authentication has been enforced, my husband and I have not been able to share access to the cameras with two different phones. When we first set up the cameras, we had a single account login associated with our devices and we would both use the Arlo app from the phones. I can't even access any of the accounts via browser now (today, last time was in December). I just spent that last hour on hold with Arlo support but they never picked up. 
What is the best way to set up the system so both people who live in the house can check the cameras? We have been thinking of adding a video doorbell to our system, but until this issue is resolved there's no point.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @FarberFam

Did you happen to follow the instruction from the following article: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

You will need the additional user to create their own account so you can send a request to them.