Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Pro cameras have stopped recording AND picking up motion, the third will not re-sync for a month

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MMar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had four cameras. One no longer works. One will not sync back to the base station. Two have stopped picking up motion (alerting me) and have stopped recording. When I click on the live feed it just keeps saying "connecting" and times out. It has been over 24 hours of this. I am connected to the internet, both cameras have full battery. For the third one that is not syncing I have tried all six of the troubleshoot options, and nothing has worked (taking the battery out, removing the device, sync button for two seconds, searching for the device, etc.) I have been trying for almost a month to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated. I am at my breaking point with Arlo, might have to switch to Blink. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While a PITA, it may be worth resetting the whole system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and starting fresh. Any hardware problems have to be solved by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

MMar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I'm weary to remove the devices, due to the fact that is what I have tried with the third camera, and now it will not re-sync. I will attempt to contact support to see if I can get any resolution. If not, Blink here I come 🙂

DanMew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  3 cameras 2* Arlo Pro2 VMC4030P and 1* Arlo Camera VMC3030.  All were working fine for a couple of years.  About 3/4 weeks ago, all of them showed in the app as "not connected/offline".  Since then, non of them will sync with the base station.  I have followed the reset procedure for the cameras, base-station and app multiple times, and the cameras will not sync.  The bases station appears to be working fine, all the LED green.  Cameras blink blue, but never connect and eventually blink orange "failed to sync".  I also noticed that about the same time cameras went offline, the NETGEAR wifi SID stopped showing up in my WiFi monitoring app. It feels like a firmware update has totally messed up my base station's wireless connectivity, but nothing on the device is indicating a problem, and I don't know how to get access to any useful logs.