Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to sync arlo pro cam. Blue light doesn't come on

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Speee
Follower
Follower
Trying to setup my new arlo pro.
Seems like the blue light doesn't turn on to sync unless I press really hard on the battery.as soon as I release the light goes off and I can't sync.

Seems like the contact between the camera and battery do not stay touching once I close the battery door.
Return? I hope not . I just wasted an hour driving to best buy to buy it.
3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sorry but it sounds like you'll need to go back. When you exchange it, open it at the store and put the battery in and check that the blue light blinks slowly when you briefly hit the sync button (or sometimes you don't have to hit the button) before you go home. Make sure you take everything eg base and cables etc and not just the camera and battery

dfwald
Tutor
Tutor

I had the exact same thing happening recently.  When I tried to sync, one of my three Pro cameras had a weak battery connection so failed to sync without pressing the camera hard.  After many tries at syncing, I was finally able to sync but then once in a while, it went offline by itself.  I called Arlo tech support and after a discussion convincing them I had tried everything,  they said they would replace it.  Still waiting for the new one to arrive.

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same exact issue. Battery was loosing contact. Netgear sent me a replacement after I prepaid for delivery / return. Good system, terrible customer service and quality contral during manufacturing....