Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second Camera, Keeps Going Offline Arlo PRO

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KenB417
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 1 camera that i cant keep online,   I shows up in my App or PC with the option for LIVE, i click to play and it spins,  do it a second time and show off line.  Only way i can get get it back online is to physically tap the camera, or remove it and resync it with the base.  I have reset the base, restarted the app and doesnt do anything.   I have 2 other cameras that have worked perfect.  I swapped batterys and locations with working cameras and still get the same trouble.   

There is no set timeframe for it to go offline.  May go a day or may only go an hour before it happens again.  I contacted support and got a replacement camera and still having the same issue.  Is it possible i go 2 bad cameras or am i missing something.  

Im confused how i have 2 working cameras and continue to have trouble with 1 even with swapping batteries and locations with the working ones.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Netgear Support for possible warranty issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
glmccready
Guide
Guide

I had one of my Pro cams that kept going offline about every 1-2 days.  Only way to get it back online was remove the battery and then put it back in. I must have been up and down the ladder 20 times. After the run around from Netgear, they confirmed that some batteries cause this. Return it immediately. My 30 day returns passed and Netgear would not honor the warranty because I didn't buy it from an "authorized dealer", no kidding, 45 days old and never worked right. My works fine, plugged in without the battery, and has now been online, without a glitch for 6 days in a row.   

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had a similar issue with my 3 camera setup. The same camera would go offline intermittently and I also had issues syncng this particular camera without plugging it into AC power. I think the battery compartment in this camera was to big causing the battery to shift and loose contact with the camera, I tried 3 different batteries and changed location tfrom 50' to about 10' from the base station with no success. Tech support was called and they sent me a replacement in a few days. its been about 3 weeks now and the system is working as expected now with no cameras going offline as it was prior.

KenB417
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did contact support hasn’t been too fun but at least they are trying.. I’ve checked the battery compartment over and over because I’ve seen batteries and the compartment causing trouble. Every time I call in they have me remove it swap it with a working one and tell me it’s fixed for good. Finally I had 1 working and the other one within feet of base and dropped again. They decided to send a 3rd camera to try.