Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connect second Arlo pro base station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Yodergolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had an older Arlo base station for a couple of years.  I purchased a second base station with camera but don’t know how to add it to the existing app.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab.

Yodergolf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I had tried that but it wouldn’t connect without paying for more devices. I can see charging for adding cameras but why charge for another base. I can set it up using a different email address and it’s free...why make us go through that.
brh
Master
Master

How many cameras do you have connected to the first base station? I am not sure if this is a subscription issue or a setup issue. If I remember correctly, I believe that you must have at least one camera hooked up to the new base station. You can remove one of your cameras from the old base station and add it to the new one. All of the Arlo HD and pro models will connect to any base station, but you might miss a couple of features if you connect a Pro model to the older base.

I have 3 HD cameras and one Pro model connected to my original basestation and one Pro connected to my new Pro base station.

Hope this helps.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

Also, have you tried syncing the new camera to the new base station before trying to add the new camera to the system?

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The number of bases is unlimited - it's soley based on the number of cameras. WHat error message are you getting when trying to add the base?

Yodergolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras connected to the old base station, which is the free limit.

I had the three new Pro cameras synced to the new base when I added it to the account.

I can’t remember exactly what it said but it was something about reaching my limit for free cameras and it wanted me to signup to pay for more cameras.

It seems to me that it should allow for 10 cameras since I have two bases.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

This is correct. You'll either need to upgrade your subscription level to allow more than 5 cameras on one account or you'll need to keep the two accounts separate and grant access to one