Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
krothfus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to check on my cameras using my computer, and have found that there is no Windows app to do this. I found a few posts here with answers pointing me to my.arlo.com. However, because Adobe Flash player is being phased out and is deprecated, I can't actually view my cameras in this manner. Is there any other way to view my cameras from my PC, or should I just return my Arlo set and get another camera system?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@krothfus wrote:

However, because Adobe Flash player is being phased out and is deprecated, I can't actually view my cameras in this manner. 

Well, you can view them, once you enable Flash for the site (which needs to be done repeatedly).  It's a bit simpler with Chrome, but can also be done in Edge and Firefox.

If you want to know the steps, let us know what browser you are using.

Of course the real fix is to switch to html5 - which is what Arlo is planning to do, but they haven't said exactly when.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

For Chrome you need to find the bit that allows flash to run on my.arlo,com.

How to troubleshoot Arlo web client Flash errors when using Google Chrome

Then there is:

Cannot view Live Feeds - Flash problem AGAIN! - Arlo Communities

Plenty more where they came from.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
krothfus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm currently on Firefox, and I prefer it, but I can use Chrome for this if I need to until Arlo supports HTML5.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@krothfus wrote:

I'm currently on Firefox, 

With FireFox you wait for the flash update message to occur.  When it does, you will see a "lego" shaped icon appear to the left of the padlock in the address bar.  Click on that, and you'll be able to enable flash.

Note that FireFox actually does use the Adobe plugin (unlike Chrome and Edge, which use internal flash players).