Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble logging into Arlo from Android app?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is anyone else having issues logging into Arlo from Android app?

Arlo has been a mess all morning - when I log in from Android app, get message that Arlo is currently unavailable.  I cleared the app cache and data, uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone (Samsung S9+) and reinstalled.  Still get same message - was able to connect once, but when logged in it showed I had NO devices attached to my account, then it booted me out and received the previous message that Arlo is currently unavailable.

So I go to log in from desktop computer to web portal and that's ok, shows all my devices.

Also, some of my cameras aren't triggering.  Can tell because I have 3 facing the road and maybe one will trigger, other 2 won't, and it's not consistent which ones don't trigger... and 99/9% all three will trigger when vehicle goes by.  We have REALLY SMALL front yards here, it's not even 20 ft from my garage door the the street...

I hate Arlo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My issue turned out to be internet mayhem in my region - what made no sense was I could connect from my desktop computer, albeit Arlo performance and everything with Arlo in general was a mess... but connecting from my Samsung S9+ using wifi, which goes through the same router using same DNS servers, would not connect to Arlo period.

If I used mobile data (different carrier) I could connect from my phone, or if I used a VPN connection.

Problem screamed DNS issues out there... and also I was unable to ping Google's and OpenDNS's primary servers... never seen that happen before...

Arlo was a mess regardless, mostly due to wide spread internet issues not only where I live, but nationwide.  However, Arlo was being problematic after latest round of *improvements*...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

secaz,

I've not been able to replicate any issues logging in to the mobile app using Android. Are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC

GoalSecurity
Tutor
Tutor
My wife and I are both unable to sign in on our iPhones, tried multiple times. Sometimes an error message appears (see attached... grrr, site won’t accept the image from my iPhone because the extension is .jpeg, says it must be .jpg. How is this the only site I’ve even used that wont accept an image from an iPhone?!).

Here’s the error text:
522: Optional("(522) http status code to \'https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/session/v2\'.")
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GoalSecurity,

Do you experience this intermittently or all the time? Does it make a difference how your mobile device is connected to the internet (mobile data or WiFi)?

JamesC

GoalSecurity
Tutor
Tutor

We've only had this particular issue once. Only used our local wifi (which was working fine for everything else). The issue cleared up fairly quickly.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My issue turned out to be internet mayhem in my region - what made no sense was I could connect from my desktop computer, albeit Arlo performance and everything with Arlo in general was a mess... but connecting from my Samsung S9+ using wifi, which goes through the same router using same DNS servers, would not connect to Arlo period.

If I used mobile data (different carrier) I could connect from my phone, or if I used a VPN connection.

Problem screamed DNS issues out there... and also I was unable to ping Google's and OpenDNS's primary servers... never seen that happen before...

Arlo was a mess regardless, mostly due to wide spread internet issues not only where I live, but nationwide.  However, Arlo was being problematic after latest round of *improvements*...