Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
T_W_S
Initiate
Initiate

After updating the mobile app on 08/07/2018, I am now receiving TRIPLE push notifications for motion detection events.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

12 REPLIES 12
BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
I have 3 phones with app and all 3 received push notifications differently. One gets a single, one gets double and another got triple for the same recording. Arlo is seriously broken...someone is destroying it from within.
dsm52
Tutor
Tutor
Same here, getting multiple notifications for the same event on the Android app.

Seems, it's since updating to app version 2.5.3_22376
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Been getting 2-7 notifications per event.  There's another thread that's been open for months with occasional "engineering is looking into it" from @JamesC every couple months.

Arlo support couldn't be handling the current waves of problems worse. Unacceptable.

dsm52
Tutor
Tutor
Does anyone know which version of the app didn't have this bug?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Even if you find an load that version, you may have other issues since there are updates and fixes that go along with firmware updates.

BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
Apparently thus issue is not new but it has something to do with Arlo's app and any OS upgrading of your phone. For Androids, Oreo is passing with Pie to come but not all phones runs at the latest version so earlier versions phones will suffer. Until someone do something to Arlo's app, seems nothing anyone else can do.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are multiple threads on this issue going back 6 months. There are also mutiple solutions depending on your situation.

Easiest thing to try is on adroid.......... settings > apps > arlo > storage > clear cache.

Another fix is to uninstall the app, then in settings > cloud and accounts > backup and restore, turn off automatic restore, and also turn off all google, samsung, or any other cloud backups. You should get warning that your about to delete your backup, go ahead and do that > reboot phone > reinstall arlo app > choose your notification sound in arlo app > turn cloud backups back on.

Good luck.

T_W_S
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for your response.  When searching for the topic thread in the community and greeted with 8+ pages of results, I admittedly didn't have time to go through each page or even the first page of results to verify it was not previously mentioned.  Given that it only began to happen to me AFTER the update last week, I assumed it was a new issue from the update.

I posted this issue more in hopes to get some sort of response from ARLO customer service, as my multiple previous attempts went unanaswered.

From your proposed solutions, the only one I have not tried before posting to this thread is turning off the back-up feature.  I have already attempted the clear cache as well as uninstall/reinstall of the app (which actually only caused me to receive even more notifications per event).

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Arlo has no real customer service, just a a person here ir there posting in this forum. The issue, as well as others, have ben around since the beginning of the year and many are still not fixed.

But anyway......... if you uninstalled and reinstalled and got another notification, then yes definetly do the delete backups fix. That is what fixed me.

Uninstall the Arlo app from Settings > Apps > Arlo (force stop it first)

Then go to: Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Backup and Restore

Then down on the bottom there’s a toggle that’s says "Automatic Restore", toggle it OFF

Next, Click on "Google account" in the same menu

And at the top there’s a toggle that says, "Back up to Google Drive", toggle it OFF

It will give you a warning that you are about to delete your backup, "Confirm and delete"

If you have a Samsung phone and backup to your samsung account, turn that off as well

Next, reboot the Phone

Then go back to the last slider that we turned off that said "Back up to Google Drive" and turn it back on

Then download and install the Arlo app and log back in

Then setup your arlo notification sound again and your good to go

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Iam getting alot of notifications also and it just started with everyone else at the beginning of August, just one hit of my camera will give me 6-7 notifications and I have 5 and if all 3 in the front of my house go off it will give me 18-20 notifications. Its really starting to piss me off.

I have an Android S5 and do not have those settings as said above to try and fix it, damn Arlo fix the app and tell your tech team to leave stuff alone when things are working good, you fix 1 thing and screw up 2 others and leave well enough alone or get a tech team that knows how to fix problems without creating 2 other problems.

I have alot of money tied up in this system and almost wish I would have went with a wired system.

BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
I have tried doing all the suggested solutions and none work except everytime I reinstall, it adds more notifications to mark my attempts in re-installing the app. Someone is trying to destroy Arlo and the poor engineers there just don't have a clue or are they gone on summer breaks?
storage_man
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is unreal.  Everybody in this thread get 2 or more notification, while I get NONE !  I guess I'm going to have to keep track of these updated and check them on a regular basis.  Needless to say, since Monday I nolong recieve any notification on either my Android Smart phone or Tablet ?  Been searching for a setting, but everything is set.    Exactly when did Netgear perform this firmware upgrade ?   For documentation my Base station is at 1.10.0.8_22190 and the camera's are at 1.092.0.16_21159.