Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

24/7 and motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bcdixon33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im after advice on if it is possible to set up the below system and if so what i would need to accomplish it;

I require a camera at the front of the house to record with motion detection and a camera at the rear of the house to record 24/7. Is it possible to have the setup as diecribed and what is my best option.

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Yes, it's possible. One Pro camera in front and one Q or Pro 2 camera in back will do it (or two Pro 2 cameras).

Check out this link for details on the 24/7 recording option (pricing and what cameras work with it)

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/ 

bcdixon33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Reading the pro 2 it says   Optional 24/7 CVR

Upgrade to keep nonstop recordings in the cloud when the camera is plugged in and used indoors.

Says used indoors but i require to use it outdoors 24/7, so is that posible?

Also if it is on 24/7 outdoors, at night is there a light on all the time illuminating the garden?

soryy for all the questions just want to make sure what i buy does what i need it too.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

In order to use the 24/7 cvr option the camera has to be plugged in (otherwise the battery would drain in hours). They are indoor/outdoor cameras so not sure why it says indoor except that maybe they think people don't have electrical outlets outside. My understanding is as long as it's plugged in, outdoors or indoors, CVR option it'll work fine.

All the Arlo cameras have "night vision" meaning they use infrared led lights to illiminate the cameras field of vision at night. The camera goes in and out of night vision mode on it's own depending on the lighting conditions. You won't see the light because it's infrared, but the camera does. Lights up the whole area it covers at night. Note: videos or live viewing while the camera is in night vision mode gives you a black and white video, not color.

bcdixon33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much you have been very helpful. I think im going the purchase the Arlo Pro 2 and  upgrade  to the  24/7 cvr for the one camera that is going to be wire at the back

Many Thanks again