Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tried logging in but shows "Please complete two-step authentication successfully and then try again"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bobarlotalk2
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi there,  

i'm not sure if anyone has faced this issue, but when i try to sign into https://my.arlo.com/#/home

after I enter my password, it just says that "Please complete two-step authentication successfully and then try again"

but there is no option to setup two-step authentication after that...

please help!

Arlo fan

6 REPLIES 6
bobarlotalk2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read through this https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

but, how can I setup 2fa if I cannot even log in? thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a phone with the app installed to get things going?

bobarlotalk2
Aspirant
Aspirant

no I don't have a phone with the app installed

also, on this community.arlo.com site on top it says "Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

I'm worried I might not even be able to access this page soon... this sucks so bad

bobarlotalk2
Aspirant
Aspirant

any help from anyone please?

How can I add 2FA if it tells me I cannot login because I don't have 2FA set up... this is too Kafka-esque.

Arlo!??!? please help!  Arlo! are you there???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here. We can't solve account issues on this user forum.

MAHMAH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you find an answer to your question? I have a similar problem...

I have completed 2 factor authentication on my iPhone but then when I log in again, when it tells me to complete 2 factor authentication again, I can’t seem to use the same phone to do it.

This is very strange and not user friendly. I’ve had the product less than 24hrs and am considering taking it back.... too hard, no instructions, no support, laughable 3 step process on the box.