Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
rbudge
Guide
Guide

What changed?  When you downloaded a video file on a PC the file name would be the actual Epoch time.  Two days ago I noticed it is not naming the file utilizing Epoch time.  Now there is no time identification at all.  This needs to be fixed.  A time stamp is required if you want to use your video in a court case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rbudge
Guide
Guide

Using Firefox with no issues...  Thanks...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Were you downloading using a different device than normal...some device actually use the converted epoch time ( real date/ times )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rbudge
Guide
Guide

Same device...  PC with Windows 10...  Date and time does show up on my IPAD and IPHONE but I take it this is due to the actual ARLO APP.  As you know there is no PC APP and you need to go to the ARLO/NETGEAR WEB page.  Netgear really needs to embedd a Time Stamp right into the downloaded video.  Courts are never going to allow a video without a time stamp.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've just downloaded a clip and run it through the top google result epoch time converter and it was correct for me on Win 7 Pro

rbudge
Guide
Guide

As stated previously the file name was alawys the time in Epoch format when I downloaded a file on my PC.  Now all the files download as motionRecord.mp4. The only thing i know that changed was a major Windows 10 update occurred.  This is whenI noticed the change in file names.  I just went on a computer that was not updated with the latest Windows 10 update and those files are still being named in Epoch format.  I am updating that PC now and will see if the Windows 10 is the cause but that makes no sense why file names from the Netgear site would change.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just d/l'ed a file on Win 10 ( with latest updates ) and the file name is still Epoch time date...  Got me why your having issues

Morse is faster than texting!
rbudge
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the information.  I just updated my laptop with the latest Windows 10 update and now the file names have changed to motionRecord.mp4.  I am using Edge as the browser.  I switched to Firefox and now the files are named using Epoch Time.  What Browser are you using in Windows 10?  Something has changed in Edge.  I am going to try to use a few more browsers and see what happens.  Ill keep ypou posted.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Edge isn't a supported browser so all bets are off. However, a question on updating W10 - are you on the Creator's update or still on the last major revision? I think the latter is build 1706 or close.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yup. Edge is the problem

rbudge
Guide
Guide

It is the Creator's Update.  Build 1703...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Likely a double whammy, Edge and Creator's update. Probably nothing to do except use a different browser.
rbudge
Guide
Guide

Using Firefox with no issues...  Thanks...