Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
abowersock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I was very surprised and a little worried when I discovered my camera lying in my driveway, when I got home from work. We've had a rash of burglaries and car break-ins in the neighborhood (including my car), and this was very worrisome. 

That said... looking at the video, it looks like the camera lazily falls to the ground, and doesn't seem to have the velocity that something would have if it were struck. Plus- there's no damage, just a scrape from the concrete.

What do you think? Is this another case of magnets not holding tight?

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Was the mount still in place? The only time I've seen this is when the mount has come away with the camera. I find the magnets to be very strong.

Looking at the video, there doesn't appear to be anyone nearby

abowersock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the magnetic wall mount was still up there, in-tact.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which mount was it attached to. When you pull the camera off the mount, does it feel the same strength as other cameras?

abowersock
Aspirant
Aspirant

The others are just the regular Arlo wireless, so a little lighter than the Pro. I haven't noticed any different magnet strength.

brh
Master
Master

@abowersock

Most likely a bird or squirrel knocked it off. 

Brian

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

My arlo pro cameras are all on magnetic mounts. My area went thru a pretty big storm with very high winds a while back. None of my cameras even budged. I've never had any of my cameras fall, or for that matter, even lose the position they are in. I do have the mounts mounted flat against the eve with a very strong screw in all of them. This seems odd for sure that it would fall off.