Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sync issues, Arlo / Pro - an observation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tinol
Follower
Follower

I've had an Arlo pro with a mix of Arlo pro and Arlo cameras up and running for about 6 months. I moved them and after the move I decided to add one more Arlo pro camera to the system.   No matter what, it would not sync. Swapped batteries, made sure they are charged... nothing. Just a slow blue flash and then a series of rapid amber. As a test, I removed an existing camera and tried to re-add. Same thing.

I rebooted the system numerous times, I tried it all. Nothing was working.  So as a test, I pulled the Arlo Pro base out of the closet it was in and brought it to the middle of the room. It synced right away!  I removed the device and re-added. Boom. right away.  I removed the device. Put the base back in the closet - no sync.

So while in the closet, the already synced cameras communicate just fine with strong signal, the sync process obviously sends out different siginals and the confined area of the closet is proving to be an issue. Its just a basic drywall closet with a sliding door.

Throwing this out there incase someone is pulling their hair out.  Try moving the base out in the open. Should work.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

could be some sort of elec wires in wall area causing issue....

but the most common mistake is holding down the base sync button to long

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Here's another one to Add for sync issues. Base-Station suddenly not found when it's time to add cams.. Am sure alot can relate to this..