Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision Foggy

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
majesticrose
Follower
Follower
My arlo is foggy looking during the night time. During the day it is facing the sun side of my house not directly but in the direct sunlight of the house. It sometimes gets wet. During the night vision the camera looks foggy. However during the day it doesn't look like that. Is it sun damage to the lens or water spots? If either can I fix it. It makes it hard to see anything on the camera in the night time due to the hazy/fog type look. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be condensation ... some have tried rain-x or similar tho I have not done so... I just make sure the front is clean with a soft lint free cloth now and then

Are you using a rubber cover?  Some have had the IR at night case a similar issue ( reflection of IR washing out camera )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jinnyjam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think I'm having the same problem. My camera was fine up until about a week ago but now suddenly the night vision is very foggy and hazy. My other pro 2 has no issue. Not sure why this has happening?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jinnyjam,

Can you provide a snapshot so we can see what you're describing?

JamesC

Jinnyjam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is a snapshot of what it looks like. I think I figured out the problem though. Looks like there was some bird poo or tree goo or insect eggs on the camera, blocking the infrared lights. 🙄