Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HVR
Tutor
Tutor

I have an original system with anVMB4000 and 2 Arlo Pro cameras, and 3 Arlo Essential cameras.  The whole system suddenly went offline some days ago.  I have reset the VMB4000 base station and all 3 LEDs are green.  How can I resolve this problem?

I also have an issue in that I replaced my phone a number of times in recent months and now I am getting a message that I have exceeded the device limit, how do I get rid of the old devices that I no longer have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HVR
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS Failing any other suggestions or options, I had to remove the hub and all the cameras from the app and hard reset the hub, add it to the app and sync it to the app, and then add and sync the cameras one by one.  My system is now working again 😀

The very disturbing thing is this - how the heck did this happen in the first place?  Nothing about my configuration changed, the cameras were all charged and on, and the hub was connected to my router and fully online

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TB44
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing happend to mine.

Seems like this is a planned obscelence update that was pushed. 

Anyone want some good deals on cameras? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the devices appearing offline on the app and web browser?

HVR
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne,

Yes, that is exactly the situation.  How do I resolve the issue?

Thank you,

Howard

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What is the error messaging you see in the app?

HVR
Tutor
Tutor

The message, for all cameras is "Your Arlo device appears offline.  Please make sure it's powered up and connected to the Internet".  They are all charged and powered up.

If I click on the hub (in the app or via a browser) I get the message "Your Arlo device appears offline"

The hub is definitely connected to the Internet, I have rebooted it a number of time and all 3 LEDS are green.

TB44
Initiate
Initiate

Crickets. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@HVR When you mention resetting, did you factory reset the base station by pressing the small reset button with a clip for 10 seconds or did you reboot it? 

HVR
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS Failing any other suggestions or options, I had to remove the hub and all the cameras from the app and hard reset the hub, add it to the app and sync it to the app, and then add and sync the cameras one by one.  My system is now working again 😀

The very disturbing thing is this - how the heck did this happen in the first place?  Nothing about my configuration changed, the cameras were all charged and on, and the hub was connected to my router and fully online