Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
awholenoobworld
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had these 5 cameras set up for a couple years, with 2 base stations. Last week the 2 newer cameras on the newer base station stopped working completely and say "The device is inactive. A paid Arlo Smart subscription is required to activate the device." Please note, I already have a paid subscription from when I had a 6th camera (which is broken, so I "removed" it and there are now only 5). The other 3 cameras, on the first base station, still work but they ONLY pick up and send notifications for AUDIO, not motion, even when I have someone move around and wave their arms in the air in front of them. These are both new problems as of about a week ago. This is definitely not due to a "busy wifi signal" because I turn notifications on when the office building is EMPTY. It's a private wifi network for the cameras. The three that are working ARE picking up audio and sending me notifications, but they've stopped picking up motion at all despite turning motion detection up to 100% on all of them to try to trigger them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awholenoobworld
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: Somehow adding the fifth "inactive" camera as a single camera Arlo Smart subscription seems to have brought back motion detection on the OTHER cameras, fingers crossed that it continues to work. That was not an expected outcome but I'll take it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
awholenoobworld
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: Somehow adding the fifth "inactive" camera as a single camera Arlo Smart subscription seems to have brought back motion detection on the OTHER cameras, fingers crossed that it continues to work. That was not an expected outcome but I'll take it.