Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Status light showing camera status

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Homer1181
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was wondering if there was a way to have the blue status light on for when the camera is active and off when it's off. Do not know why someone would need that to know if it's 100% charged. It's more usfull to know if the camera is on or off.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Homer1181,

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Pro camera > Camera LED. From here you can toggle on/off the battery charged indicator LED.

JamesC

Homer1181
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks.. I just went through it. I managed to turn it off. But it would be nice if there was another toggle to turn on/off light when the camera is on/off. I have a camera in my room and it would be nice to know if I remembered to turn the camera off without having to go in the app. Any way of doing that? Hope the Arlo team is working on that. Fingers crossed.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While this is a good idea for a possible future development, the camera LED does not currently have any function in relation to the camera being on or off. I encourage you to post your idea in the Arlo Idea Exchange where it can get the best exposure to other users and the Arlo development team.

JamesC

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

SmartThings (by Samsung) will do what you want. Well not the led light but what you can do is have a smartthings motion sensor in your room or a open/close sensor on your door, add alro to the smartthings app, then setup a routine that when that motion sensor detects motion or when the open/close sensor opens, maybe during x hours on x days, to turn the arlo camera off. You'll never have to remember if it's on or off again. Smartthings will let you have full automated control of when you want the camera on and when you want it off. Smartthings can also send you a push notification telling you when the camera has been turned on or off. I use it for my 4 interior cameras.