Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sound lag

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ericl84
Aspirant
Aspirant
My sound is lagging is there a way to fix that ? I have to exit my mic to hear what they are saying also am I doing something wrong?
8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Ericl84

As far as I know, there is a 1 to two second lag in the audio, at least there is in my units. I don't know a way to fix this unless Arlo decides to do more local processing.

Brian

Ericl84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes there is for mine also but then when I let go of the microphone I have to exit out of my microphone in the sound completely cuts out before I can hear them respond to me I can’t hear them right away it’s like I have to tell them wait five seconds then say something lol
brh
Master
Master

@Ericl84

Actually I just tested mine indoor Pro camera and there was a 5 to 6 second delay, I simply waited until I heard my message, I did not exit the Microphone. It could depend on the cloud having delays on some days. I know I have tested it before and there was about a 1 to 2 second delay.

Brian

Ericl84
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of them I have four maybe I’m not doing it correctly I hold it when it tells me to but then when I release it the sound does not come back until exit the microphone
Ericl84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just counted it was a three second delay
But when talking there’s a three second delay also like if I tell you hello I won’t hear it for three seconds as if I said hello to you it would take three seconds to process and send it to us if you get what I mean
brh
Master
Master

@Ericl84

Sorry, I edited my previous post. My indoor camera was terrible today with about a 5 to 6 second delay.

At least you know it is not you.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and a computer browser to test the difference. If the app is worse, maybe restarting the phone and/or reinstalling the app could help. Restarting the base seems like a long shot but what the hey...

Ericl84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m going to try everything you just said I currently have to go somewhere at the moment but when I get back I’ll let you know if any of that changed the lag time