Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KyleK
Guide
Guide

Whenever my camera is plugged in, I am hearing interference. When using only the battery the sound is clear. It’s not bad, just a clicking/electrical type of sound. I’ve tried swapping the cameras and it still happens. The sound is constant, and is in all recordings and when viewing live. Anyone have any experience with this?

Here is a clip: https://youtu.be/abe2DAChJHk

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Obv since it doesn't happen on battery, it is the power supply and/or charging circuit.

Does it do it on AC with the battery removed ?

Do you have a second ps you can try?

I personally haven't had this issue.

In the end , it would be an Arlo issue so you would have to contact support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KyleK
Guide
Guide

The battery is removed and plugged into ac. I don’t use the battery with that camera so I can get the 3 second look back. I use a third party cable along with the included usb plug.

What is a ps?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can leave the battery in the camera while hooked up to AC power - won't hurt a thing and provides power when power is lost. I suppose the battery being inserted could provide a filtering capability to the AC power but I don't know that to be true.

The 3rd party could be an issue - tyr using the Arlo-supplied one for testing.

Tom's reference to a "ps" is a to a second power supply.

KyleK
Guide
Guide

Don’t you lose the 3 second look back when the camera is on battery power/charging?

KyleK
Guide
Guide

Also, I just tested it with the battery. Surprisingly it has gotten worse. The clicking is louder.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Being on AC power itself gives you the 3 second lookback. Being ONLY on battery power causes you to lose that capability.

If the battery makes it worse, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx