Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
goldbondx
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cut to the chase..
Arlo Pro camera + vma1000 exterior mounting bracket + solar panel connector does not fit. The mounting hole in arlo pro is too close to the usb port and the solar cable connector is too thick.

Am I the only one that has encountered This? Technical support is either stalling or completely useless. 4 days with no response except sorry for delay.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
Older mounts have a larger "nut" that partially block the USB port on the camera. The nut on the newer mounts is much smaller.

Ask support for the smaller nut, I think Netgear was sending them out free of charge, or go out and buy some standard 1/4-20 nuts and replace the large ones.

I my case, I have a mix of large and small so I swapped them around to accommodate my needs.

-Bob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
goldbondx
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just had a call from TS. They are still tap dancing. They won't say the VMA1000 works for sure and cannot provide a KB article or video showing VMA1000 mount+Solar Panel cable plugged into an Arlo Pro camera thus far.  This should be a simple "yes" or "no" answer.

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
Older mounts have a larger "nut" that partially block the USB port on the camera. The nut on the newer mounts is much smaller.

Ask support for the smaller nut, I think Netgear was sending them out free of charge, or go out and buy some standard 1/4-20 nuts and replace the large ones.

I my case, I have a mix of large and small so I swapped them around to accommodate my needs.

-Bob
goldbondx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bob, you are a saint and confirmed what TS finally told me 2 min ago.

I will be receiving the adapter pieces to replace the nut on the mounts within 7 days.