Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion where none exists

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
kgrlamm
Guide
Guide
My one camera logs motion CONSTANTLY. I had it positioned higher off the ground pointing out, but the 20ft limit on motion meant I never saw anything, so I moved it closer to the ground and pointing more down. I have moved the video screen and changed the sensitivity, I trimmed out the street and I can't find anything else moving. I tried to attach some video samples here to show you, but I keep getting an error saying it's not a valid Youtube link.......well, I don't want to have to post my home security videos to Youtube just to trouble shoot them, maybe someone here has some ideas how I can share the videos and then you can help me trouble shoot what the heck is making my camera go off.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use the SHARE feature in the Library, you'll get a address you can copy ( use copy link ) and paste in a messg... shared links last only 24 hrs and then poof , they are NG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
EMICT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have noticed with my cameras that the motion detection is probably 20 degrees greater than the video capture.  I have noticed the recording starting a few seconds before someone on foot gets into the view of the camera itself.  You may be picking up motion that remains out of view of the camera due to the wider range of motion detection as compared to the video capture.  If I were to make an educated guess about my cameras, I suspect that the motion detection is around 140 degrees and the camera captures around 120 degrees.

tnmom2amk
Tutor
Tutor

Mine do that too. There is some sort of flash/flicker at the very beginning. I haven't found any settings that resolve it and it's not a regular occurance. I thought that maybe it was the way that the sun was hitting it, but it does it at random times.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC