Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brookechook83
Guide
Guide

I have 4 Arlo pro cameras, 3 of which have solar panels attached. They seem to have been working fine and then recently 2 of the cameras arent charging from the solar panels. Ive disconnected and reconnected the panels and also cleaned them. They get plenty of sun. I just find it interesting that two stopped working around the same time.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brookechook83,

Try swapping the working solar panel with one of the other cameras that is not working. Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

Brookechook83
Guide
Guide

I got the cameras working but the the solar panel on one say “connect a compatible Arlo charger to the device to charge”

they are genuine Arlo solar panels!!! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brookechook83 wrote:

I got the cameras working but the the solar panel on one say “connect a compatible Arlo charger to the device to charge”

they are genuine Arlo solar panels!!! 

Check that the cable is solidly connected to the camera.  

If it is, then I suggest swapping the camera with one of the others, and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the panel.

Brookechook83
Guide
Guide

I have checked the connection and it’s fine. I put the camera on the working solar panel and it’s fine so definitely the solar panels are the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brookechook83 wrote:

I have checked the connection and it’s fine. I put the camera on the working solar panel and it’s fine so definitely the solar panels are the issue.

Are they still under warranty?

Brookechook83
Guide
Guide

I don’t think so. I’ve had them for quite a while.