Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel Qustion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

Anyone who has the solar panel charger, I have some questions. I just got one yesterday and upon reading it mentions that it is not ment to charge the battery, but to keep it charged? I am not sur what the means? Right now, one of my cameras has a battery at 91%, will the solar panel bring it back to 100% or whatever it can depending on how much sunlight it gets? Also, how fast (or slow) does it take for this thing to show that it has actually done something? I can see where it is showing that it is CHARGING (with the lightning bolt symbol on the battery when there is sunlight).  I just want to be sure its really doing something (for what this thing costs).

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ckdxxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, what they mean is that it's not intended to rapidly charge your camera's battery from 0% to 100% like the plug-in charger- if you started at 0, it'd likely take several days before it was fully charged (but it eventually will get there!). They recommend starting at 100% charge so that the panel only needs to top up the battery based on usage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ckdxxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, what they mean is that it's not intended to rapidly charge your camera's battery from 0% to 100% like the plug-in charger- if you started at 0, it'd likely take several days before it was fully charged (but it eventually will get there!). They recommend starting at 100% charge so that the panel only needs to top up the battery based on usage.