Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel Causing Batteries Not To Charge In The Dock

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rivershark
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased an Arlo Solor Panel for my Arlo Pro cameras back in November 2017. It appeared to keep a longer charge during the first of November, but by December the Solar panel stopped charging during the day due to low temperatures. The Battery soon lost power and I removed it soon after and placed on the Charging Dock, but the battery will not charge now. Because of this event I thought maybe it was just a bad battery. I left the camera without a battery for the remainder of the cold months due to its location. Just last month I placed another battery in the Camera and hooked on the solar panel. I did not see improvements in battery life. The battery quickly drained and the camera lost power. I took the battery out immediately and placed it in the charging dock; but it would not charge. I have 6 cameras and all my other batteries charge fine on the charging dock. I will be taking the solar panel down soon. A terrible product! Please advise where I can get some support and possibly get these batteries replaced. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

did you try the following ;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@rivershark

Your system should still be in warranty. Click on the Support banner at the bottom of this page and keep going for a couple of pages and you will see a dropdown box with the Support phone number for your country.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

did you try the following ;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

rivershark
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for that link. I had not tried that yet and I have not called support yet; so you saved me some time. I will give the instructions a go tonight on the two batteries and let you all know how it went.

Thank you both!

rivershark
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you TomMac,

Both batteries are currently charging now in the charging dock.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IMO, it seems that the cell packs that have been drained below a certain limit have trouble starting a new charge... charger thinks they are bad... the install into the camera and ac power several times allows it to just get enough charge to pass the threshold , and then it charges as it should