Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Solar Chargers not Working, but they do at the start anyone else have this issue?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
piggyparade
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought 3 solar panels for arlo go, arlo pro and arlo ultra.  Each one was showing charging when first installed and then, within a few days, they no longer charge.  I have tried unplugging them multiple times and cannot get them to charge the cameras anymore.  Is this a known issue with the chargers and the cameras?  It is extremely frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which ones aren't working? The Ultra solar panels connect differently and should be more resistant to connection problems.

The usual problem with the older panels is moisture getting into one or both ends of the cable which is one reason why the Ultra charging solutions are different. You may need to remove the cables on both ends (solar panel and camera) and let all connections dry out. When sure all are dry, reconnect the cables, taking great pains (maybe literally) to ensure the cables are fully seated. The seals can make this a struggle so persevere.

piggyparade
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response!  They are brand new.  They start out charging great, I'm all happy and then within a week, no longer charging.  It is one of each:  a pro, a go,  and an ultra.  I don't understand it.  Nothing is touching them after they are hooked up and the ultra is not in a place where it is exposed to rain, though this is FL and we definitely have humidity.  At $70 and $80 a piece, it would be nice if they worked.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the Ultra panel, make sure the contacts on the bottom of the camera are clean as well as the ones on the cable. The others may need the process I described earlier.

Are the battery icons for each camera in the Devices tab showing a battery with lightning bolt, indicating connection and charging? Are you recording and/or live viewing a lot? That could overrun the capability of the panels to keep the batteries charged.