Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No/black image

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DGTroost
Aspirant
Aspirant

In observation mode, 3 of the 5 cams give no image since several month; the whole image is black. The 2 other cams show their usual observation image.
I have restarted the base station several times, dis- and reconnected all five cams, but to no avail. All 5 cams work fine in live mode, but when returning to observation mode the images of the same 3 cams turn black. This is annoying and a solution to solve the problem would be highly valued. Thanks in advance. Dirk Troost

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DGTroost

What Device/OS are you experiencing this issue with? Is this occurring on the web portal?

DGTroost
Aspirant
Aspirant
Many thanks for your feedback. Experiencing it on my iPhone 6 s. But your question triggered me to also check our two other devices carrying the Arlo app.: iPad 2 and iPhone 4. Surprise .... no problem there! Five good observation images on both these devices.
The problem remains though on my iPhone 6 s, which is most unfortunate since this is the device mostly connected to Arlo.
Not sure I understand your 2nd question re. web portal. Could you please rephrase.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've already sorta answered the question about the web portal since your problem is isolated to one device. The web portal, https://arlo.netgear.com, is the other way to connect to the servers instead of using the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DGTroost

Is your Iphone 6s updated to the latest version of IOS? (12.3.2) & are you running the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App  2.7.10?

DGTroost
Aspirant
Aspirant
Am living in France thus below concern French iOS and Arlo app. versions:
iPhone 6s - iOS v. 10.3.3 (up to date/latest available); - Arlo v. 2.7.6 (44) published 29/03/19.
In any event, black-image problem does not exist on iPad 2 and iPhone 4 both with same and older (French) versions, namely: iOS v. 9.3.5 and Arlo v. 2.5.5 (published 2 august '18). Mysterious, isn't it?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DGTroost

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support