Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
sapads
Tutor
Tutor

I've noticed on the US website in the accessories section that there is a solar charger which will be available for the Arlo Pro camera.  Is this going to be available in the UK, if so any idea of cost and when available?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Not sure about the UK but Arlo came out with a new roll out date today. They advised it'll be in their distribution system in 10 days followed by Amazon and Best Buy selling it 2 weeks after that. Time will tell if it's true or not.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Not sure about the UK but Arlo came out with a new roll out date today. They advised it'll be in their distribution system in 10 days followed by Amazon and Best Buy selling it 2 weeks after that. Time will tell if it's true or not.

screech610
Aspirant
Aspirant
So that 2 weeks has come and gone. Now what?
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

On June 6th they said 10 days plus an addional 2 weeks to get to Best Buy and the others. That would put it at June 30th. for a release date. And no, I'm certainly not holding my breath on that. They've been untruthful to many times before. (And you notice I didn't use the word lie!)

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

Like I had done for months checking on the "outdoor charging cable", only to be dissapointed in the "Comming Soon" that never comes, I find myself doing the same for this "solar charging panel".  I'm looking forward to it, but am surprised that Arlo marketing continues to allow products to be advertised so far in advance with such failed estimates.  Perhaps they are trying to maintain loyalty in the midst of increased competition but actually in doing so, has made me gunshy of any future "Comming Soon" products.

unco
Star
Star

There seems to be a release date on the Best Buy site.

wonder how accurate it is.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/arlo-solar-panel-black/5914900.p?skuId=5914900&refdomain=t.co&ref=ifttt&...

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Time will tell.......I ordered 2 of them today and they gave me a delivery date of July 7th so I assume they must have them on hand. I also ordered 2 from Amazon but they still have no shipping date. I'll just cancel one of them after the first set arrives.

superben79
Apprentice
Apprentice

ordered yesterday from BB and shipped today

unco
Star
Star

Fingers crossed for you guys.  Keen to hear how it performs.

If only BB would ship to Australia now! Still waiting on Amazon UK to stock it.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

What's strange is that I ordered my two panel's from Amazon first but then a few days later Amazon canceled the order saying they don't have them in stock after all. Luckily I doubled ordered from Best Buy & Amazon.

adammadd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am waiting for the Solar Charger to be available to order here to Australia.  I noticed that Fry's will ship to Australia, but shipping costs for one solar charger are in the vicinity of $150.  Best Buy don't ship to Australia either.