Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthings: says “clip generated” but I can not open/access it? "(also Arlo Pro)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
glmccready
Guide
Guide

I’ve waited an hour, and still can’t access these recordings. It never showed in the Arlo library like it usally does.  It did record some earlier in the day and I could find them in the arlo app, but these latest recordings are not available. I think the Arlo app/site was down, I was unable to log on, perhaps that caused the problem? Are they lost in the ether? I don’t have the newer hub, for Arlo Pro, that saves the files on a USB. Perhaps a reason to upgrade my hub to prevent this in the future.
Thanks
Garyarlo.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You might be right if your current set up normally records to the Arlo servers. If you have SHM triggering recording, the videos end up in the SHM. This current Arlo server outage seems like quite a widespread problem

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you look in the SHM in the ST app?

glmccready
Guide
Guide

The picture is of the Smart Home Monitor (SHM)? There is also no video in the Arlo App.  I think it never saved it because the server was down...and is still having problems.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You might be right if your current set up normally records to the Arlo servers. If you have SHM triggering recording, the videos end up in the SHM. This current Arlo server outage seems like quite a widespread problem

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I didn’t know Arlo was still having server problems.  I had trouble the other day too, when the servers were down.  I wonder if upgrading to the “pro” hub with the sd card would save these files if Arlo is down.  This Arlo sever thing is redundant and annoying.