Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Siren not in cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Matt_D123
Follower
Follower

I've seen many posts regarding the misleading information from Arlo. I too thought the wireless cameras also had a siren at the camera. I've also seen Community managers responding to these complaints by saying the packaging is not misleading and it states the siren is at the base only. I have the packaging sitting right in front of me right now and it simply states: siren-100 + decibel output (image attached). It is very misleading as one would think the only practical reason to have a siren would be to deter intruders at the source.
The really disturbing thing about all this is that Arlo is responding and not taking responsibility for their misleading Packaging. What ever happened to customer service?

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matt_D123,

I apologize for any misunderstanding. This is not intended to be misleading. The siren is located in the Arlo Pro base station and can be triggered manually or by setting up rules for your cameras to detect motion and then trigger the siren. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I turn the Arlo Pro base station siren on or off?

JamesC