Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hhang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased the Arlo Pro yesterday, and installed with no fuss.

The only problem that I am having is the app on my phone is not showing any siren button, I realised this only when I installed the app on my wife's phone, the siren button is showing on her phone, I have checked the app version, we are using the same version 2.4.6_18293

We are not using the same adroid phone though, but is that the reason? I think the siren button is very important feature for my app. Will need to have it there.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should show regardless of the app or browser. Try reinstalling the app and restart the phone.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

It sounds like your wife is the primary account holder and your account has been granted access. Is that right?

If so, you need your wife to go into her settings > grant access > [your name]  and then to select which devices you can see and also go down to the bottom of the page and ensure "Allow Access Rights" is enabled

hhang
Aspirant
Aspirant
Done reinstalling and restarting, still the same.

Also, im the primary account holder, and I have assigned access to my wife...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device and OS version? Have you checked Settings, Device Order to see if it shows up there?  If so, try reordering and check again.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it visible as a device in your device list when you log in via a web browser to arlo.netgear.com ?

hhang
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using a Mi Note 4 with Android 6, my wife is using Mi 5 with Android 7.

When i go to the setting Device Order, the base unit is there, as well as the 3 cams. But the base unit is not showing on the Devices screen, only the 3 cams, I can press the Live button and see live and everything, but can't click on the Siren button, as there isn't one.

hhang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it is visible when I log into my account on a browser, it is there, and I can click on the Siren button and it actually works too. Very loud.

So, it is showing on my account ona browser, also on my wife secondary account on her phone, just not on my phone. Reinstalled app and restarted phone, still not there.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Definitely contact support and open a ticket. I'd say they'll eventually be asking you to do a full factory reset of the base but see if they can see anything from their side first