Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EMICT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had Simplisafe for a few years now, however, it has no means to manually activate the alarm system.  Since installing the Arlo Pro for external surveillance with the ability to set off the base station alarm if I detect attempted entry into my residence... does the community think it possible to place a "glass break sensor" next to the base station alarm to activate the Simplisafe system manually?  Currently, Simplisafe does not have a manual activation and I am curious if anyone has attempted this shortcut to manually activate the Simplisafe system if one witnesses an attempted break in via the Arlo Pro camera system (Live mode after push alerts and visual confirmation of someone attempting to gain entry).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EMICT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've received the "glass break" module from Simplisafe and have successfully tested the device.  The alarm on the Arlo base station will activate the alarm.  With this information, I can get notification via push from the Arlo system and visually monitor activity at my residence.  If I witness an attempted breakin, I can remotely activate the alarm which will trigger the "glass break" monitor set up next to the station... and since I have the glass break monitor set to immediate activation, there will be no 30 second delay before the monitoring service activates a police response.  I know this is bass ackwards for integration, but it's the best work around I can find to be able to manually activate the Simplisafe system as opposed to waiting 30 seconds after actual entry is made at my residence.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EMICT,

This sounds like a fairly specific set up that would require testing under the conditions you've outlined. but it sounds like it could work. Let us know the results if you're able to test.

JamesC

EMICT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've received the "glass break" module from Simplisafe and have successfully tested the device.  The alarm on the Arlo base station will activate the alarm.  With this information, I can get notification via push from the Arlo system and visually monitor activity at my residence.  If I witness an attempted breakin, I can remotely activate the alarm which will trigger the "glass break" monitor set up next to the station... and since I have the glass break monitor set to immediate activation, there will be no 30 second delay before the monitoring service activates a police response.  I know this is bass ackwards for integration, but it's the best work around I can find to be able to manually activate the Simplisafe system as opposed to waiting 30 seconds after actual entry is made at my residence.